Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nostalgic

This evening, I was working. I looked out the doors and remembered seeing someone there. I quickly turned around because I didn't want to imagine him again.

I stood at my desk and looked across the department and remembered something else. I sat down quickly and focused on my work. I didn't want to remember that either.

Sitting at the computer - watching the screensaver - kicking off my shoes - twirling a pen in my hand -- I remembered having people stand around me. I remember them. I remember one in particular.

I picked up the phone. My fingers thoughtlessly tapped out the phone number i needed. I hung up the phone quickly, freaked out that I remembered.

My vision blurred and my throat felt weird.

Maybe I didn't want to remember some things, but they are a very part of me that I can't explain.

No comments: