Saturday, August 23, 2008

Three Things...

When I listen to a certain song, or get a certain phone call, or when a random memory comes up, I start to really, really, really, miss PA and wonder why I left. Technically, it's not over after the four years here. There's prep work after this - internships, law school (maybe), and corporate ladders to climb.

But when I left home, Abby needed her "Three Things" - I need to do these three things whenever I leave (even if I'm just going to Trailside or something).

* Hug
* Kiss
* "I love you as big as this house?"

She doesnt care where I'm going, how long I'm going to be, or even if I'm coming back (even tho I always will). As long as she knows that I love her, she's okay.

Today, I kinda really only wanted to do those three things with her. It's hard being away because you miss doing things with people and you wonder if they even know that you miss them.

So, I'm here, kinda wondering if I'm doing the right thing in my life and i get an email alert.
"Aww ! Someone's thinking about me !" I think happily as I click anxiously on the email link.
I wait as the page begins to load and I get an email ... from FB. darn it.

No comments: